• Tropical rainforest with a high biodiversity
• Adventurous jungle trails
• Idyllic waterfalls
• Panoramic views over the Brokopondo Lake
• Overnight in a comfortable lodge
• Animal spotting (350 different types of birds, 8 different types of monkeys etc)
• A close up of the dam
• Cruising on the lake in a motorized boat*
What makes this tour special:
• Only two-day tour to the real pristine Jungle
• Comfortable & cozy jungle lodge
• Excellent blend of nature and action
After leaving Paramaribo in the direction of Brownsberg in the Brokopondo district, you will stop in the open Savanna of Suriname after about an hour’s drive. During this break you will get something to eat and information about the flora and fauna of the area.
You continue your journey and upon arrival at the plateau at the top of the Brownsberg (± 500m), you can experience the magnificent view on the Van Blommenstein lake. Next, a hike will follow with our experienced guide through pristine forest to one of the five idyllic waterfalls. Many participants in our Brownsberg trip choose to seek a welcoming refreshment by standing under the waterfalls. You return back to the Brownsberg plateau for a hot lunch.
In the late afternoon you will head for Afobaka resort, a resort just next to the Dam, where you will spend the night in a comfortable lodge. Don’t forget to check out the beautiful starry sky after dinner.
You will be awakened in the midst of nature by the roar of howler monkeys. After breakfast there is an informative trip of the Dam and it’s flourishing past with the opportunity to take nice pictures. The rest of the morning can be completed with an optional boat trip ** in a motorized canoe on the Brokopondo lake, fishing in the river, or just go for a swim or relax on the beach. Before lunch you leave for Paranam where you will be treated to a hot meal. After this the journey continues to Paramaribo where you arrive around 15.00.
* There is a possibility that the program will switch. You will then visit Afobaka on day 1 and on day 2 you visit the Brownsberg.
** Not included in the price: the adventurous boat trip where you visit one or more islands on the lake.
*** Bring your own fishing equipment
The program is subject to change.